Command Block Creations

Command Block Creations

I recently found out about some of the things that can be done in vanilla with command blocks that look like it has been modded. I know one that lets you throw a block at an armor stand to let it hold a shield and weapons, spin, or have a wider base platform for example and various other small things. I was wondering if Swiss could look into maybe having some of these used to help improve the server and let players get into more detail with builds. If I recall there is one that lets you remotely fly a helicopter and other things too.
      What would be the possible downsides to letting users use command blocks in meadows (if it's even possible to limit cmd blocks to a specific world)?
      Signature not found! An error must have occurred.
      This error message is highly volatile. Please report it to your IT department immediately.
      Its literally not possible. Only OP's can use them and afaik there is no way to change that, it's part of the vanilla game.
      Besides if it was, they can run ANY command whatever they have permission to use it trough a command block so it would be extremely dangerous.

copbot1001 wrote:

DAMTHE1ST is continuing to use his admin powers to take away the civil liberties of players on this server.

Strallus wrote:

What would be the possible downsides to letting users use command blocks in meadows (if it's even possible to limit cmd blocks to a specific world)?

My goodness are younrealy this dense

Even if commandblocks could be limited to one world, you wouldnt be able to limit commands players could add to the blocks. So imagine the following commands set to repeat in the meadows :D

/Stop - Will Stop the server
      /OP {playername} - will make a player Admin
      /Tp @a X Y Z - on repeat will make all players stuck in one position
      /Ban {Playername} - Does this realy need explination?
      /Deop Demicol - I actually kinda like thisone

And ofcource dont fprget the laggy ones!

2000 of these on repeat fireing at the same time!
      /Fill X Y Z X Y Z Lava

Or basicsly any setblocks, fill or clone command making sure you can grief someones build from infinate blocks away making it impossible to finde the griefer, and even worse impossible to rollback.

Question answered strallus?
      Don't worry about it. I get the idea will lag if it is added and the idea was a One Command Creation that let you do things like throw some items on the ground, pick up something, and do various affects. I thought it would be cool to have but I only saw it in Single Player videos. Didn't know they would be constantly going off and lagging.

DylanHardwell wrote:

My goodness are younrealy this dense

Probably.

The reason I asked the question, however, was because I was unsure if there was a way to limit the scope of command blocks. Obviously the implication from my question was "is there a way to give non-Op commands to non-Op users in certain worlds". I feel like this should've been obvious, because giving non-Ops access to command blocks implies you *don't* want them to have the power of Ops (otherwise you'd just, ya know, Op them), and as such you would be able to limit the scope of commands available to them as well. Unfortunately, after doing some googling around on the issue (after I asked the question), I could not find a mod that would allow this.

Also, Demicol had already answered the question satisfactorily before you chimed in.
      Signature not found! An error must have occurred.
      This error message is highly volatile. Please report it to your IT department immediately.

© 2010 - 2017 Swisscraft
    Fair use.