Skins, what skin do you have and why?

Skins, what skin do you have and why?

Hey, I noticed that we don't have a thread for this, but I thought it might be an interesting topic.

My skin is a Fallout 4 vault suit. I chose vault 81 because the story behind vault 81 is rather interesting and it was one of the few vaults that actually prospered because of failure. It's also a very challenging quest and forces you to either succeed or make a pretty big sacrifice. Before this skin, I had a fallout 3 vault 101 suit. Those are the only skins I've ever used regularly with my user Zephez, though I have used some joke skins here and there XD

Looking forward to hearing about your skin(s)!

Edit: I used Nova Skins to build my skin, but before that I just edited a premade vault suit skin.
      Images
      • Zephskin.PNG

14.04 kB, 382×218, viewed 8 times
      "Doing nothing for others is the undoing of one's self" - Horace Mann

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Zephez” ().

From the PS1 game Parappa The Rapper.
      I'm a big fan of rhythm games and Parappa was the one that pretty much created the genre.

I now have 3 different copies of the first game with the recent PS4 remaster :S
      Images
      • poster.png

3.15 MB, 1,566×1,197, viewed 15 times

copbot1001 wrote:

DAMTHE1ST is continuing to use his admin powers to take away the civil liberties of players on this server.
      I've been using the same skin since I first started playing Minecraft, though I've made various updates and changes to it recently.

I can't really take any credit for making my original skin since all I did back then was combine skin from an old texture pack (forgot what it was called) with a tabard and finished it off with a simple eyepatch and spaulders. Back then there were no easy-to-use program or website (that I was aware of) for creating skins and I really didn't want to spend a bunch of time in photoshop making it so I just cheated and called it good.

The old skin stayed the same 'til last year when I came back to Minecraft and decided to updated my look with an overlay. It was an ugly mess. I decided to, again, cheat on the "design" by simply copying the tabard and placing it over the skin. Of course, I wasn't aware of the easy-to-use skin creation websites nor did I have access to photoshop on the computer I'm currently using, so I did the alterations completely with MS Paint. The result was a bulky looking skin with holes all over the overlay.

I can honestly say the design I'm currently using was mostly created by me -with exception to the head minus the eyepatch- after using a skin designing website. The main body's design is a leather jerkin on top of full body chain mail while the overlay are spaulders and tabard with its colors switched to represent Swisscraft. I wanted to keep it true to the original design so I stayed with the medieval theme.
      Images
      • SA Overlay Off.png

17.66 kB, 254×423, viewed 6 times
      • Swiss Avatar.png

63.39 kB, 286×432, viewed 7 times
      Files
      • Old Skin.png

(13.05 kB, downloaded 46 times, last: )
      • Old+Overlay.png

(33.33 kB, downloaded 46 times, last: )

Artist: Maciej Kuciara
      I was too lazy to make my own pic :P

Post was edited 4 times, last by “Qwentenhal” ().

me and Vittek have the sheep champion/god skins cuz sheeps.
      █░░░░░▀▄░░▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░░
      ▐██▄░░▀▄▀▀▄▀░░▄██▀░▐▌░░░░
      █▀█░▀░░░▀▀░░░▀░█▀░░▐▌░░░░
      █░░▀▐░░░░░░░░▌▀░░░░░█░░░░
      █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░
      ░█░░▀▄░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░░
      ░█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░░░
      ░░█▀██▀▀▀▀██▀░░░░░░█░░░░░
      ░░█░░▀████▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░
      #YEE

© 2010 - 2017 Swisscraft
    Fair use.