Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 251.

Quote from StickyEagle: “If you teleport to someone in another world it will put you back into gamemode 0, so we use both /v and gm 3 at the same time to avoid being discovered.” I think Elite's point is: why do SCP need to TP to anyone to investigate hax if they have GM3? TP for grief, GM3 for Xray/other hack client issues. Who needs vanish? Quote from Demicol: “Not everyone who claims they are innocent actually are.” Very true, but if it's not clear cut do they deserve a ban? What happened to …

Me pls.

Quote from Demicol: “We have already had a massive increase in spotting x-rayers after giving the means for SCP's to do that” I haven't been active on the forums in years, and don't have access to the staff forums, yet I've also noticed a major uptick in false/unverifiable bans for x-rays that were later rescinded, so I'm not sure it's all rainbows and butterflies. It seems pretty clear cut that if /vanish is messed up (which it obviously is), nobody (save admins) should be using it until that i…

Command Block Creations

Strallus - - Wishes & Feedback

Quote from DylanHardwell: “My goodness are younrealy this dense” Probably. The reason I asked the question, however, was because I was unsure if there was a way to limit the scope of command blocks. Obviously the implication from my question was "is there a way to give non-Op commands to non-Op users in certain worlds". I feel like this should've been obvious, because giving non-Ops access to command blocks implies you *don't* want them to have the power of Ops (otherwise you'd just, ya know, Op…

Quote from noienoah: “We as a server voted on the chorus fruit rule: 1.9 new rules and changes discussion thread” That was kinda my point: it was put to a vote, instead of just saying "this is a rule because X". Please see above post for why I think voting to decide rules is generally a poor idea. In regards to farms: I was more referring to mob farms, not animal farms, which I didn't see mentioned in the linked thread.

Command Block Creations

I couldn't find anything that fits what pick is looking for, but this looked useful for OPs... spigotmc.org/resources/command-signs.10512/

Command Block Creations

What would be the possible downsides to letting users use command blocks in meadows (if it's even possible to limit cmd blocks to a specific world)?

Those are both very good points about TP kills, and cases I personally hadn't put much thought into as I've never accepted a TP request from someone I don't trust to a certain extent. But obviously some people want to accept requests from a larger variety of players, and that's fair enough. To answer your question about democracy, Sticky: that's kinda the reason I couched this post in terms of "core ideals";, because I think that is how the rules should be decided upon. You settle on a set of co…

Hi all. I've had a number of discussions with various peeps on the server about the current state of Swisscraft's ruleset. I think that it might be handy to revisit the reasons for some of these rules, specifically from the perspective of "what are we trying to achieve with these rules", i.e. what are Swisscraft's core principals. For me, Swisscraft has always been a server about balance. I'm not sure what anyone else feels, or what Vittek really wanted when he first started this server, but for…

On the subject of alts

Back to the whole money thing: Ok, so you crack down on people logging on with an alt and then immediately transferring themselves 100s. Great. But what about people that use an alt for a while, occasionally buy things from stores with that alt, and stash their purchases in the chests which their main have access to? And to everyone making the argument that 100s is negligible: if that's the case, why give users any seed money at all? Why not just let them get their initial money from selling iro…

On the subject of alts

The farming thing is relevant because you are gaining double productivity. Sure, you can normally just leave yourself AFK in your cropland, but then you're not getting anything else done *in minecraft*. With an alt online at the same time as your main, you can do something productive *in minecraft* while your alt is chilling among your carrots.

On the subject of alts

I was actually getting noticeable lag when there were around 20 people on the other day. Unless the main and the alt are in the same chunk, it definitely adds overhead to the server. More chunks = more entities (think mobs, any water, any rs, etc.) and therefore more lag. One person with alt would not make a distinguishable difference, true. But the whole point of allowing something is that it can become a slippery slope. If 10 people are online, and every one of them also has an alt online, you…

On the subject of alts

So apparently at the moment we allow almost unrestricted use of alts on the server, which has not always been the case in the past. I was kinda wondering why, so I asked on the server, but a number of people felt like the topic was better suited to the forums, so here it goes. Reasons not to allow alts because they give unfair advantages to those who have them: Money - 100s given to new accounts on the server, fairly self explanatory, effectively adding pay-to-play features to SC, which is awful…

Number of watermelon eaten.

Can we rename this thread to "Donald Trump plays Minecraft"?

Are command blocks exposed to the Towny API at all? Like could you have it so that there is a command block which will remove the embassy building/teleport if the town falls into ruin (like, automagically)?

Nintendo Switch (NX)

Strallus - - Other games

Not gonna lie I'll probably buy one of these when it comes out and Skyrim will be the first game I get.

[EVENT] Challenge Cubicle

Strallus - - News

Gimme some love.

[EVENT] Challenge Cubicle

Strallus - - News

I think I broke the door in the nursery level jumping challenge room. The door is now permanently in the open position. The "find the string room" is broken. Placing the string in the chest causes the string to disappear, but iron door does not open. That being said, you can just (Hidden Content)

Bored as fuck

Strallus - - Off-Topic

Quote from Demicol: “What? No. Its obviously from Harry Potter.” Umm, no? Airsofter was obviously just confused, and meant to say Lords of the Realm

© 2010 - 2017 Swisscraft
Fair use.