Happy birthday, Swisscraft!

Happy birthday, Swisscraft!

Today, 4th of August, Swisscraft turns 4 years old!

We started on the day (survival)Multiplayer was added to Minecraft in 2010 and here we are still, thanks Vittek for your patience trough the always late Bukkit updates, weird technical issues, the sometimes too needy and horrible players and the DDO:es, among other things. I wouldn't be here without you.

I wanted to find an image of Map #1 but I guess I don't have it anymore, so instead here is an image of map #1 after a "Fallout". Back then there were no plugins to prevent people wandering millions of kilometers miles blocks in one direction, so Vittek had to manually remove the "excess" parts while we went around and blew everything up:
      i.imgur.com/m3aI976.jpg

Vittek if you still have the map 1 map image, please throw it in here.

Here's also all of my screenshots that I took on Map #1 in an album, I didn't bother to remove any crappy ones so there are lot of where I somehow accidentally took a screenshots while the chat was open:
      imgur.com/a/XuV7h (There's a few from map 2 that somehow got lost in)

I'll have a video of Map 5 (the previous map) coming soon (honestly, soon, this time, I'm edditing it as I write this) and another special video of something else!

For a trip down the memory lane or something like that, check out the SwisscraftEU youtube account or these videos:

Map 1 video

Map 3 video

Map 4 video

copbot1001 wrote:

DAMTHE1ST is continuing to use his admin powers to take away the civil liberties of players on this server.
      Holy crap has it been that long? Fucking time man. Old men, are the future!
      The map is here mousedj.com/map.jpg

Funny thing is I think I still have map1, but it's alphachunk format and I have no found a way to convert it into MCRegion which would allow me to convert to Anvil map.

Also show how oldschool you are and see who can name some of the structures on Map 1! I see the Megacube!

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Vittek” ().

That's way more recent then the blown up map I had, awesome!

Edit: Have you tried this mojang.com/2012/02/new-minecraft-map-format-anvil/ ?

Also Minecraft wiki says 1.2 will automatically convert worlds to the new format, have you tried just putting the old map in and starting the server?

copbot1001 wrote:

DAMTHE1ST is continuing to use his admin powers to take away the civil liberties of players on this server.
      It's coming! I promise! I just made the mistake of filming it in first person so it's not as epic, but I'll throw it up even if I don't edit it.
      Meanwhile, i have something else coming up as soon as youtube processes the audio changes I made.

copbot1001 wrote:

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS

Besides Vittek there's maybe one person on the server who's seen this (that's still active), I believe, or at least the original.
      I watched trough it and I was very embarrassed about my shitty musical choices and placement, so I put something from the Youtube's free audio library in it.
      I'm not sorry for what I chose.

copbot1001 wrote:

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Demicol” ().

Wow unbelievable!
      So from what i understand, Swisscraft must be one of the oldest Servers in Minecraft History! And the fact that it's still up and running today, is only thanks to an amazing Community, great Staff and one Great Game, that brought us all together. Swisscraft - SMP at it's finest since 2010
      Tomorrow.
      It's done editing, It didn't need as much work as I was afraid so I did something fancy with the music, which turned out to be really fun to do.
      Images
      • Sequence 01.mp4_snapshot_00.01_[2014.08.05_03.48.32].jpg

35.39 kB, 640×480, viewed 45 times

copbot1001 wrote:

What might be fun is if at the end of this map a while before fallout starts. If it's possible to convert all the old maps into the new format so they can be used on the new versions of MC, stick every old map file you have into the worlds and we can create portals leading to them so everyone can go and check out the old maps. Maybe put everyone in creative and just turn off building in all of the old worlds so people can't ruin them but can still fly around? I know a lot of people ask for the map downloads and it would make things a lot easier if they could go and see them with their friends on the server instead of a single player map. I'm not sure how heavy it would be on the server if there were 5+ maps running at the same time but the nether and end wouldn't be needed and maybe remove the nether and end from this map so it isn't overfilled.

© 2010 - 2017 Swisscraft
    Fair use.