Sticky Runecraft tutorial and help

Runecraft tutorial and help

If you need help with Runecraft, feel free to post here and someone who knows better will respond.

For now here is how it works:

If you have not used Runecraft yet:

You MUST first build this:

Build it exactly as show in the image, then right click the fire with your hand.

After you have used the rune above:

Now you should seen energy bar at the top of your screen, burn items in lava or fire to gain energy, this energy is used to use runes.
      Though at the moment it's so easy to get infinite energy don't worry about it too much, just burn some garbage,

Building and using runes:

CLICK HERE to see all the runes available.
      Click "show" next to the name of the rune to see how to build the one you want. Click on its name to see what it does and how to activate it. This usually requires some tool or item you click it with.

If you see it say "tier block" then this block can be anything BUT NOT THESE:

For some runes the higher tier the block is the better the effect of the rune. You can see all the tiers by CLICKING HERE
      Not all runes become better when using a higher tier blocks, check the rune you're going to use if you should use better tier, if not then just use cobblestone.

Now my hoe has a rune in it I don't want it!

Once you activate a rune it gets enchanted on your tool and you can give it to someone else or trade it and it will stay.
      To get rid of the enchantment in your tool (like farmer's charm in your hoe) use this rune:

Write the name of the rune (should say on your tool) on the sign and right click it.

copbot1001 wrote:

DAMTHE1ST is continuing to use his admin powers to take away the civil liberties of players on this server.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Demicol” ().

Current list of BANNED RUNES

Qwentenhal wrote:

Here's a narrowed-down version of the list that removes clutter (old runes no longer active) as well as notes of effects and reasons why they're banned/going to be banned.

---Banned runes---

Waypoints and Teleporters
      - Disabled to encourage use of railways and other means of travel

Recall
      - Creates a teleport point that allows for quick teleport with a tool
      * Escapes PvP

Topsy Turvy
      - Flips radius around rune
      * Grief

Admin Pick
      - Breaks bedrock

Altar of Judgement

- Bans/unbans runes/players/blocks
      * Goldentank

Magic Lasso
      - Pulls players/animals towards player and launches close players/animals skyward
      * AFK killer
      * Disabled by Developer to be redesigned

Multishot
      - Shoots a volley of 6 arrows concentrated in a radius around the landing zone
      * PvP advantage

Bow of Translocation
      - Warps player to location of arrow
      * Get into player's bases; escape PvP

Siege Bow
      - Tnt explodes at location of arrow
      * Grief; PvP advantage

Faith Runes
      - Takes the radius around rune and shoots it into the air to make sky island
      *Grief

Personal Teleport
      - Creates a 1-use teleport to a waypoint
      * Escape PvP

Truename Altar
      - Players can teleport to other players if they have their head
      * TP Kills

Hell Maw
      - Temporarily opens up a 1x1 tunnel straight down to the void at arrow location
      * Grief; PvP advantage; Break into player bases

Runic Radio
      - Allows players to message each other with the same rune signals

Reality Master
      - Copies builds
      * steal builds

Reality Anchor
      - Places the build copies
      * Grief

Endurance
      - Grants temporary invulnerability after taking damage
      * PvP advantage

Solar Flare
      - Destroys blocks in radius around rune
      * Grief

Chrono Trigger
      - Controls time of day
      * Infinite Darkness; spamming day and night

True Name
      - Make player heads

Inheritance
      - Creates 1-use item that prevents loss of gear when killed
      * Makes PvP pointless

Freight Teleporter & waypoint.
      - Teleporter for items
      * Steal from chests

All "Power *" runes
      - Power pic, hoe, drill
      * Too good combined with MCMMO

Forcefield
      - Creates a radius around the rune that repels and pushes players away from it if they don't have the correct item in hand
      * Must be built with a tier 1 block on the bottom or else Runecraft doesn't recognize it as a rune

Levitation Obelisk
      - Creates a radius around the rune that allows creative flight

Spring Rune
      Allows jumping around (think rockets without elytra)

Genesis

- Creates pocket dimension

copbot1001 wrote:

DAMTHE1ST is continuing to use his admin powers to take away the civil liberties of players on this server.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Demicol” ().

The banned runes list has been revised. A few runes have been taken off (mostly the "bugged runes" list removed) and Waypoints and Teleporters have been banned to make people use other, less easy, ways of travel.

copbot1001 wrote:

Should Transmutation be banned, now that you can't get energy from the meadows?

Power tool is op, I get that, but I'd like it if it was unbanned....

And also, bow of translocation doesn't seem TOO powerful, just because of ender pearls.

I think a good alternative to banning some of the op runes is just to make them have way less uses (aren't uses infinite right now? shouldn't that be changed?), and possibly make low tier things like cobblestone not give any uses for some runes (or just one use) and make people use more expensive things such as diamond or emerald blocks (or even beacons for stuff like power tool!)

Edit: About the bow of translocation, I was saying that because once you have the end, ender pearls aren't that hard to get, and if the rune wore off after 8 uses or something (from using something like a gold block or diamond block) it would be like half a stack of ender pearls except you don't take damage. Also, the bow would take time to charge up so you would have to wait a few seconds to use it, making it harder to use to escape pvp (because you move way slower and can't fight back while you're pulling the arrow back)

Another edit: I think teleporters should be allowed, but cost a lot of energy. (as in something like 20 times more than they used to) (If it is possible to change how much energy a rune consumes)

Another edit: I think spring should be allowed, but just with a FAR lower number of uses for each tier (by default tier one gives 446 uses, which is pretty ridiculous...) and a higher energy cost.

Yet another edit: I think that levitation obelisk should be enabled, just with a much smaller radius. For example, a beacon would give a 15-20 block radius at max and tiers 1 to 3 or 4 would give NO flight.

Once again, another edit: I think that the Zeerix Chest (chest you can summon/unsummon at will) shouldn't be banned. Just less uses for each tier. It only works with single chests, and eventually the rune stops working...

Post was edited 4 times, last by “Barlennan” ().

Just gonna comment on a few things...

Barlennan wrote:

Should Transmutation be banned, now that you can't get energy from the meadows?

Some of us talked to Rivkiin (one of the Runecraft developers) on Discord about this awhile back; iirc he explained that Transmutation doesn't actually duplicate blocks. I included a screenie from the discussion, so it stays unbanned for now. Also I had thought we fixed the problem with getting energy from Meadows last map? Energy is one of the cheapest things to come by and, right now as the runes don't require at ton of energy, it is also not a significant advantage to have tons more when only a small amount is enough to suffice.

Barlennan wrote:

Edit: About the bow of translocation, I was saying that because once you have the end, ender pearls aren't that hard to get, and if the rune wore off after 8 uses or something (from using something like a gold block or diamond block) it would be like half a stack of ender pearls except you don't take damage. Also, the bow would take time to charge up so you would have to wait a few seconds to use it, making it harder to use to escape pvp (because you move way slower and can't fight back while you're pulling the arrow back)

I also see the merits in this, though I understand why it is banned. Bow of translocation doesn't seem that much more powerful than ender pearls to me; however, they may be faster and more accurate. Anyone know of another reason it is banned?

Barlennan wrote:

Another edit: I think teleporters should be allowed, but cost a lot of energy. (as in something like 20 times more than they used to) (If it is possible to change how much energy a rune consumes)

We decided to remove the Runecraft teleporter/waypoints as a way to encourage people to use more traditional means of transportation, like working on railroads, trails, and trade routes as a community.

Barlennan wrote:

Yet another edit: I think that levitation obelisk should be enabled, just with a much smaller radius. For example, a beacon would give a 15-20 block radius at max and tiers 1 to 3 or 4 would give NO flight.

Regardless of how expensive we make the levitation rune, we all know what would eventually happen; even if there is only a small radius, someone can potentially make a bunch of them and have coverage of a large area for flight. You and flying Barl ;/

Barlennan wrote:

Once again, another edit: I think that the Zeerix Chest (chest you can summon/unsummon at will) shouldn't be banned. Just less uses for each tier. It only works with single chests, and eventually the rune stops working...

I don't think we banned Zeerix chest, though I had at first thought it should be banned as it made the shulker boxes less valuable as well as could potentially be placed in areas where we weren't planning to allow chests.
      Images
      • transmutation.PNG

39.05 kB, 728×236, viewed 11 times
      "Doing nothing for others is the undoing of one's self" - Horace Mann

Your information appears to be outdated barle.
      Uses are no longer a thing, runes now use energy.
      Energy is far too easy to come by and is one of my least favorite updates to rune craft.
      Bow of translocation was banned I believe because the same restrictions we applied to enderpearls (can't use in combat,towns can disable them) don't apply. Again, it also has infinite uses via energy.

Vex wrote:

Because I do not see you as worthy of the rank. This isn't personal.
      Swisscrafts Equivalent of the Eternal Genin

© 2010 - 2017 Swisscraft
    Fair use.