Taking the Server down on the 1st January

Taking the Server down on the 1st January

Hey guys.

At this point I doubt it will come to a surprise, but I have decided to take the server off on the 1st Jan. Reasons for this are manyfold, lack of time, money and the fact that I wanna switch to a cheaper internet (That's also faster) which would leave me with a dynamic IP, which isn't great for a server. I wrote this post now several times but it kept getting too sappy.
    There have been few players on the server and I doubt a new map would remedy it, and if, then only for a few weeks.
    So what does that mean? Well, I'm still looking to host the server on a external host, but I can't make any promises. The next step for me is to clone the harddrive of the server before it breaks down again, and finally upload all those maps I promised, starting with the recent map and Meadows then go from there.
    The SC community itself will remain regardless as will this forum. I think for a server that ran privately from someone's home, we had a pretty solid run. If you wanna help or even know a solid host that allows full control of plugins, MySQL, and Spigot then do let me know. I'm sure we can find something.
    I've meant to write alot more but in the end it is what it is and sorry for the short timed announcement.
    I want to thank everyone and Vittek for this server and all the fun times on it.

I don't know really what to say, the server has been a big part of my life for almost 8 years now and I've made some great friends on here.
    I thought for a long time what to say after I knew this might be happening but now that it's here I don't remember what I wanted to say at all. I'll write more as it comes to me.

copbot1001 wrote:

DAMTHE1ST is continuing to use his admin powers to take away the civil liberties of players on this server.
    I know I have been an absolute ghost in recent years. In fact, many of the new players probably don't know who I am. Despite this, I would like to echo what Demi said, thank you V for all the hard work you put in over the years. You could have pulled the plug ages ago and yet it is now over 7 years since I joined. Some of my fondest gaming memories are from within this community.
    Images
    • TS.PNG

10.23 kB, 143×255, viewed 11 times
    Ex Admin.

Post was edited 3 times, last by “Aceguitarist” ().

It's been a looong time since I last logged onto this forum. Thanks for all the good times V and everyone who still might remember me, must have spend upwards of 2000 hours on Swisscraft, but all good things must come to an end.
    Wish you all the best and have a great 2018!

- Hakultair
    Ex Admin

This server has a nostalgic place in my childhood that I thank you for Vittek. I was occupied for many hours building a shitty cobblestone castle which Forensik would quickly destroy, then later on tying to figure out how to steal people's stuff and avoid being banned (never succeeded.) Thankyou.
    I asked God for a bike..... But God does not work that way, so I stole one and asked for forgiveness.
    It’s sad to see the server go. I‘ve started actively gaming after i first joined this server. Even though i‘ve left a couple of times, this server is and will always be one of my greatest memories. Thanks to you V and all the active and former Staff members for this awesome jurney. I‘ll defently be checking by on Discord.
    Wish you all the best and a great start into 2018!

Best Regards,
    -TheAtomicBull
    Haven’t been active or playing MC at all for years. Nevertheless when Demi wrote me the news, a little something inside me when “Awww!”. Oh the nostalgia! I had a great time on the MC server, meeting all these funny and crazy people over the past years. Wouldn’t have been possible without you Vittek. Thanks for being a great host. Also a little *squeak* to the SC peeps remembering in faint memory that fluffy bunny hopping around on the SC meadows.
    Such a sad day :(
    This was my one and only mine craft server. This server was the whole reason i stayed with mine craft. The memories I have of the last few maps are great.
    I met many people on this server from all over the world, many of which I would like to meet in real life. It all was such a blast. People from all different aspects of life coming together to form a community. We had our problems, but we always got over them.
    I will always remember swisscraft <3

Thanks for all your hardwork vittek through the years. Sad i never got to really play with you but thanks for always being a great overlord.
    Demicol, your a great guy. Without you we never would have had swisscraft as long as we did. You did a fantastic job!!

I will miss everyone dearly :(
    Hopefully one day we can all meet up again, in real life, or in virtual world.

See you Saturday!

but really, when is the map reset?
    it breaks my heart to see the server go i have som many great memories from this server and i dubt i will ever find a greater server with a greater community than this one. i wish we all still can stay in touch on discord and steam <3 thanks for all the good years Vittek and to the rest of the staff and players who made this my second home for years. love you all<3
    █░░░░░▀▄░░▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░░
    ▐██▄░░▀▄▀▀▄▀░░▄██▀░▐▌░░░░
    █▀█░▀░░░▀▀░░░▀░█▀░░▐▌░░░░
    █░░▀▐░░░░░░░░▌▀░░░░░█░░░░
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░
    ░█░░▀▄░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░░░
    ░░█▀██▀▀▀▀██▀░░░░░░█░░░░░
    ░░█░░▀████▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░
    #YEE

© 2010 - 2017 Swisscraft
Fair use.