Player Shopping District {VOTE HERE}

Player Shopping District {VOTE HERE}

Should we bring back player shops? 10

Result is only visible for participants

Should we bring back player shops?
      If so, how many shops should we have and how much rent per month is fair given the current state of the economy? (we do still have more balancing to do on Dreamfish money etc.)
      "Doing nothing for others is the undoing of one's self" - Horace Mann

I would like to set up a shopping district similar to what we had in Map 7 with 2 green shop plots (big), 4 red shop plots(medium size), and 6 blue shop plots(small).
      Since money is fairly easy to come by on this map, I was thinking monthly rent would go as follows:
      Green plots (can only be rented for 3 months at a time, then they are auctioned)
      3000 Schnibbles per month

Red plots (can only be rented for 4 months at a time, then they are auctioned)
      2000 Schnibbles per month

Blue plots (no limit renting time)
      500 Schnibbles per month

Personally think Dreamfish is fundamentally bad, no matter how hard we nerf it. Being able to get money, just by putting time into something, for the sole purpose of getting money is bad. Auctions for green and red plots will be won by whoever put the most time into farming money.
      All the other ways of making money have something else to them, the mob arena is fun and takes at least a bit of skill, same goes for quests. In the ptevious system you could sell gold and iron, also being a better system for getting money as someone wouldnt go mining for the sole purpose of getting money, prime focus being accumulating recources with the added bonus that you can sell some of those for money.
      TLDR: Dreamfish gives nothing but money, isnt particularly fun or exciting and once you understand how it works doesnt take a lot of skill either. In my opinion, its a brainless time sink with wich players can get infinite amounts of money if theyre willing to put time into it.

EDIT: maybe make a poll too on wether to keep Dreamfish or not

arne501_ wrote:

In the ptevious system you could sell gold and iron, also being a better system for getting money as someone wouldnt go mining for the sole purpose of getting money, prime focus being accumulating recources with the added bonus that you can sell some of those for money.

I don't know. I seem to remember spending ALL my time map 8 exclusively looking for gold to help support my town. Any time I mined it was for the sole purpose of finding gold. I had a mesa mine and I basically carved out the entirety of a biome from Y50 down to the bedrock, BORING as hell. It was a constant struggle to keep my town afloat and took all the fun out of mining for me.... and playing for that matter. The added bonus was that I sometimes found iron and maybe other resources when trying to make money by mining. I didn't bother mining for diamonds as I could buy gear off people or just go to the end for it. So I feel like actually fishing, fighting the fish, finding new places to fish for different breeds of fish which might get me more money... I find that way more fun than mining and mining and mining for gold.

arne501_ wrote:

EDIT: maybe make a poll too on wether to keep Dreamfish or not

We likely will have a poll for most of the new features, Dreamfish included.

As for the auctions being won by the player with the most money? The player who had the most money always won it anyways, and they likely got all that money by mining gold and iron.

Dreamfish is an amazing plugin, we just haven't used it to its full extent. Instead of just straight up deleting it, we should rather discuss how we can change up where you fish, since the how you fish is already improved tenfolds from normal Minecraft. The original idea of adding dreamfish was finding new biomes and new fish, we just never got around to adding more fish, making Deep Ocean the only viable place to fish.
      SIGNATURE. Erm... No thanks.

© 2010 - 2017 Swisscraft
    Fair use.